• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Price Crash - not likely...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    If ever there was a justified tax then this is it, except for when it disrupts the running of a legitimate business.
    No business should be taxed. Only individuals. The blood suckers who dare to interfere with the money making process. I'd say tax them all to death, they are only an obstacle to the wealth created by the corporations.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      If ever there was a justified tax then this is it, except for when it disrupts the running of a legitimate business. If upon death an individual's property were to be given to the state it would take the steam out of house prices as property ownership would become a "lifetime rental".

This would not only take the steam out of house prices but it would also force all of us to start out on a level playing field. I have not become a raging commie all of a sudden, as I also believe that the worst thing you can do is give someone something for nothing. Inheritance is right up there with welfare, get rid of them both I say
      Indeed. Nothing commie there.

Inheritance spoils the heirs. And holding houses as an investment produces a net transfer of wealth from those who work or do business, to those who do not.

Between them they a mockery of equality of opportunity and rewards for results.
      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

What's the difference in outlooks between UK citizens who love to buy their homes and France/Germany where the majority prefer to rent (so I've read)?

Is it now our pension system has been proven to be a shambles and vulnerable to thieves at the highest level (probably since Maxwell), we prefer to invest in bricks and mortar for the long-term, whereas on the continent they have more diverse outlooks as they haven't been shafted on any of the major investment routes so far?
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

OMG !

Milan.

Comment

Is there a consensus developing or is milan's outburst a disagreement?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

disagreement

your poor deluded people I pity the future generations of your families

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                disagreement

your poor deluded people I pity the future generations of your families

Milan.
                Why? They'll all be living in million+ properties. Stick to the £10,000 Benes cottage if you must.

PS Milan I've told you before - don't make a fool of yourself pontificating on economics. All you ex-commies have not a clue.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oy! Dodgy! Noooooooo!

If I leave anything behind when I go I don't want it going to doley chavs, the Olympic debt, or Gordon Brown's pension.

Comment

sasguru,

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt as I am feeling friendly

if you read the thread you'll see that this bunch of deluded pinkos are saying that all property should go to the government upon death of an individual therefore making sure that every generation of every family is equal and begins with nothing

poor those people

you can apologise later

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                      Blaster, where are you in Switzerland? Zurich?
                      Yup sure am
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X