• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Country is This...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Country is This...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1612205.ece

'“Talking” CCTV cameras that will reprimand and embarrass those up to no good in full public view are to be introduced in a number of locations across''

''The move - to be brought in to 20 areas nationwide - will involve council workers in a control centre commanding loudspeakers that are fitted to cameras.''

Wow.

Milan.

The latest in new labours philosophy. What a load of cack!
    Keep it clean!!!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the council employees doing the usual of staring through some young ladies windows whilst holding the mic open.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Which country? Airstrip One.

I'm waiting for 1st July, when "special constables" will wander from pub to pub reporting smoking transgressions.

Comment

With technology it is only a matter of time before every new born child is "chipped" thus enabling govt to control every aspect of our behaviour.

The more you think about this the more realistic trashy films like Logan's run and Demolition man become.

And guess what? it is all going to happen courtesy of techie twats like you lot
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            With technology it is only a matter of time before every new born child is "chipped" thus enabling govt to control every aspect of our behaviour.

The more you think about this the more realistic trashy films like Logan's run and Demolition man become.

And guess what? it is all going to happen courtesy of techie twats like you lot
            You used that line with me about twenty years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              You used that line with me about twenty years ago...

As long as I make a buck out of it I dont really give a sh**
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

'“Talking” CCTV cameras that will reprimand and embarrass those up to no good in full public view are to be introduced in a number of locations across''

''The move - to be brought in to 20 areas nationwide - will involve council workers in a control centre commanding loudspeakers that are fitted to cameras.''

Wow.

Milan.
                ...the council workers no doubt will also be uttering Newspeak inanities on behalf of the NewLie. This will be a surprise for oh all of 5 minutes. Then it will become another background noise to be ignored by everyone. George Orwell: If only you knew how life is imitating art...
                "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

Wow.

Milan.
                  They're involving the kids themselves http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/04/childrens_cctv/

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
                    They're involving the kids themselves http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/04/childrens_cctv/
                    Oh darn, they've already thought of the consequences of heavy breathing council employees staring through the young ladies windows.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X