• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordo's action against "artificial" companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
    Hence the hike in small business CT to 22% by 2009. As was mentioned in one of the articles today, perhaps this is tacit acceptance by the Treasury that IR35 is too complex to administer and it might be better to sweep all & sundry up into a CT band that moves towards the big business rate (just breduced to 28%).

Now, I hate paying more tax in whatever form, but if this CT hike does mean less focus by Hector on IR35, that's not a bad thing is it? I mean, this is a difference on £70K dividends of £2,100 by 2009. Possibly not a bad price to pay? And of course all of our dayrates would have averaged >£800 by then to offset the increase, wouldn't they?...
    Doesn't matter really - the damage is already done. I think they have lost our trust in most people's eyes here.

Comment

What you seem to miss .....

Originally posted by Hart-floot
      So what action is he likely to take?

"Speaking during the Budget, Mr Brown said: "Changes I will announce later in this Budget will also improve the position of the self employed. But I do need to act to deal with individuals artificially incorporating as small companies to avoid paying their due share of tax, a practise if left unaddressed would cost the rest of the taxpaying population billions of pounds. And I will take action in a way that will not raise the tax burden on the self employed and small businesses overall."
      I think what you all seem to have missed is the new IR36 legislation he has in draft ...... son of IR35 ......

Its nothing to do with corp tax. Oh, and he's going to sort out the CIS scheme, so that HMRC get the full whack of NI payable, not just the £4.90 a week or whatever it is these days. (The stamp as it used to be called).
      Last edited by minsky1; 22 March 2007, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by minsky1
        I think what you all seem to have missed is the new IR36 legislation he has in draft ...... son of IR35 ......

Its nothing to do with corp tax. Oh, and he's going to sort out the CIS scheme, so that HMRC get the full whack of NI payable, not just the £4.90 a week or whatever it is these days. (The stamp as it used to be called).
        It will no doubt be as badly thought out as every other pile of crap he and the rest of this bunch of retards have come up with.
        Iron chancellor? I wave my private parts in your general direction.
        Boom boom boom boom
        A-haw haw haw haw
        Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
        Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

feck me I've been in the wrong argument

right

where shall I start

good budget eh lads

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            feck me I've been in the wrong argument

right

where shall I start

good budget eh lads

Milan.
            Couldn't agree more.
            have to say, the tax cut was a masterpiece

I think I'm getting the hang of this Milan.
            Boom boom boom boom
            A-haw haw haw haw
            Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
            Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              I've just had an epiphany... a real road to Damascus revelation: lets conscript them all & send them to Afghanistan... equiped with the original SA80...

Sorted.
              The original SA80? What, one between all of them?

(and yes, I remember it was worse back then than it is now).

Z

Comment

The 'Have your say' about the budget on the BBC site is currently running at 270 pages. All but a handful are spitting blood.
                Why don't you go and tell them how they have never had it so good Beansy?
                Should be good for a laugh.
                Seriously though, it does suggest that el Gordo is no longer fooling most of the people all of the time.
                Boom boom boom boom
                A-haw haw haw haw
                Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

nah wonderwaif,

such thoughts are best in the comfort of a contractor's website

these kind of observations wouldn't go down too
                  well over there

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                  X