• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Income Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

according to the BBC budget calculator, I'm going to be £300/yr better off...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...calculator.stm

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

£93.91 worse off. Yay.
      Thanks Gordo, for hitting the middle classes hardest.

Comment

£115 better off

Chef in "off to buy some steak for dinner" mode
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          according to the BBC budget calculator, I'm going to be £300/yr better off...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...calculator.stm

£59.8 better off (a year, not a week) that's 15p a day - big f****** deal
          Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

£407 a year better off (in theory). I'm sure that and more will be swallowed up by the other increases.

Comment

£386 per year better off

Comment

Around £300 better off. Enough for a McDonalds meal and a ice cream each week!
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

£19.05 worse off! Mainly due to Alcohol and Fuel - maybe if I brew my own and start to shi* in my diesel fuel tank I will be laughing

Oh yeah and apparantly "Green Households" are getting tax breaks - I wonder what my neighbours will think if I give my flat a lick of lime paint

Comment

bad for us

Won't all contractors be 2 or 3 grand worse off/year (gradually increased corp tax)? Or am I the only one stuck in the "small companies" band of < 300K per year?

There are also sinister mutterings about dividends and national insurance - I expect tomorrow we will find that it is a LOT worse.

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain
                      Won't all contractors be 2 or 3 grand worse off/year (gradually increased corp tax)? Or am I the only one stuck in the "small companies" band of < 300K per year?

There are also sinister mutterings about dividends and national insurance - I expect tomorrow we will find that it is a LOT worse.
                      284 worse off.
                      God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Working...
                      X