• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Income Tax

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Income Tax"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    £170.07 Better off!

Actually the above is a lie as my Council Tax has gone up 5.9%!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Not on Dividends though"

Not just yet! Give hime time.

Leave a comment:

• Royston Vasey
    replied
    Originally posted by bobhope
    Did you not see that the NI upper band is being moved to 43k as well - i.e. more NI to be paid?

Gives with one hand, takes away with the other
    Not on Dividends though

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by hugebrain
    Won't all contractors be 2 or 3 grand worse off/year (gradually increased corp tax)? Or am I the only one stuck in the "small companies" band of < 300K per year?

There are also sinister mutterings about dividends and national insurance - I expect tomorrow we will find that it is a LOT worse.
    284 worse off.

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    bad for us

Won't all contractors be 2 or 3 grand worse off/year (gradually increased corp tax)? Or am I the only one stuck in the "small companies" band of < 300K per year?

There are also sinister mutterings about dividends and national insurance - I expect tomorrow we will find that it is a LOT worse.

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    £19.05 worse off! Mainly due to Alcohol and Fuel - maybe if I brew my own and start to shi* in my diesel fuel tank I will be laughing

Oh yeah and apparantly "Green Households" are getting tax breaks - I wonder what my neighbours will think if I give my flat a lick of lime paint

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Around £300 better off. Enough for a McDonalds meal and a ice cream each week!

Leave a comment:

• ~Craig~
    replied
    £386 per year better off

Leave a comment:

• Ennui
    replied
    £407 a year better off (in theory). I'm sure that and more will be swallowed up by the other increases.

Leave a comment:

• ZZZZ Snoozer
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    according to the BBC budget calculator, I'm going to be £300/yr better off...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...calculator.stm

£59.8 better off (a year, not a week) that's 15p a day - big f****** deal

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    £115 better off

Chef in "off to buy some steak for dinner" mode

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    £93.91 worse off. Yay.
    Thanks Gordo, for hitting the middle classes hardest.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    according to the BBC budget calculator, I'm going to be £300/yr better off...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...calculator.stm

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Did you not see that the NI upper band is being moved to 43k as well - i.e. more NI to be paid?

Gives with one hand, takes away with the other

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Think i'll be increasing my rates to reflect the changes put forward by the budget come my next contract renewal in May....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X