• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well said Jeff Randall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    If I understand his position correctly he is simply saying, 'lets be practical'.

Similar things were said in Nazi Germany in the 1930s.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOmegaMan

and your point is ?
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Just how important is sales and marketing ? Therein lies your confusion. In an efficient highly competitive market goods are sold based on utility. Sales and marketing emphasise that utility and bring it to the consumers attention.

However in a capitalist dictatorship sales and marketing become the market. Goods have little utility on their own, but sales and marketing brainwash people into believing they provide utility. Traditional values like hard work, creativity, honesty and integrity are abandoned; it is all smoke and mirrors and exploitation and manipulation. This is world in which we live in.

DA is just one cockroach that feeds on this distortion. Deep down he knows it is a lie and so he feels compelled to defend it. But he is swimming in a sea of his own excrement, and singing "Come on, jump in and enjoy the warmth".
        To be fair to DA (and I mostly hate agents) he has often said "if you don't want to use an agent then dont". I do wish more large employers would have internet sites where contractors could apply for jobs directly. I mostly work(or not) for IBs and get a few gigs by personal contacts. Its annoying to have to go onto jobserve when things dry up.

Comment

My point EO is that the people who say let's be practical have a vested interest in things remaining the way they are. All this whinging from the right is a just a smokescreen for theor own consumption.

All I ask is that people acknowledge that DA is just another turd on the flotsam of recruitment consultancy.

Comment

My point EO is that the people who say let's be practical have a vested interest in things remaining the way they are. All this whinging from the right is a just a smokescreen for theor own consumption.

All I ask is that people acknowledge that DA is just another turd on the flotsam of recruitment consultancy.
            In my experience 50% of agents are useless, incomptent morons. But so are 50% of contractors.

Comment

90 % of the work I have had has been via an agency. I couldnt run my business without them so I too am 'being practical'
              Why you have to bring the Nazis into it I just dont know. I wonder if Stalin ever felt the need to be practical.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Godwins Law Strikes again...
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                  Don't you dare talk about me like that. I am being serious.

I am PMing you and will ask you to withdraw this remark formally on this board.
                  Unless you put up a proper argument to support the diatribe of nonsense that you spouted about the Telegraph (who's article you then go on to agree with) then it is only reasonable to assume that your anti telegraph rant is based on ignorance, envy and or stupidity. Your own point about elitism is not unreasonable. So why ruin it by making yourself look so silly with your unsubstantiated rant?

I am also being serious.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

DA,
                    you do know she is now blubbing in the "powder room", and her mascara is ruined?
                    I hope you are pleased with yourself!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                      I am also being serious.
                      I agree.

First I thought you were being stupid.

Now I know, thanks to you, that you are being 'seriously' stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X