• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Minted Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukemg
    Define 'minted'.
    Mr Easyjet said recently that 10million sets you up very nicely for a comfortable life of 1st class, best hotels etc and that you only really need any more for the crazy yachts/islands etc.
    I am worth around 300k if I liquidise all assets, that ain't minted...
    £10m would be nice. I tend not to look at my financial situation in terms of net worth - I prefer cash flow. To be more specific, how much money do I make from investments without having to do too much work. Examples are property rental yields, shares/dividends, premium bonds, bank interest etc etc.

I've always thought £5k a month would be a nice residual income, but I'm no where near that and to be honest it probably isn't enough anyway!

Comment

Anyone who has a go at somone for being minted is just jealous - loaded and proud of it

Comment

I would define minted as owning your own 200k+ house with no mortgage, own a decent 30k+ car (no loan), no major debts and a good lump sum in the bank and or some investments, also still able to pull in 70k+ a year via contracting.

Comment

My teeth are minted at the moment, as I am enjoying a lovely courgette and mint soup...
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

My definition of minted is a million quids including all assets

Comment

A million isn't what it used to be. I would expect a lot (most) of people here would have net assets > £1m within 10-20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
                I would define minted as owning your own 200k+ house with no mortgage, own a decent 30k+ car (no loan), no major debts and a good lump sum in the bank and or some investments, also still able to pull in 70k+ a year via contracting.
                I'm not sure I'd brag about only owning a 200k house... sounds a bit permie to me

One of my houses (which cost £68k 15 years ago -and long ago paid off the mortgage) is now (ridiculously)worth over £200k, but it's a dumpsville place and only benefits from a proximity to London. I would never ever consider going back there to live.

Also 70k @ year is no big deal for a contractor but I suppose it's all relative
                Last edited by Troll; 9 March 2007, 14:02.
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  I'm not sure I'd brag about only owning a 200k house... sounds a bit permie to me

One of my houses (which cost £68k 15 years ago -and long ago paid off the mortgage) is now (ridiculously)worth over £200k, but it's a dumpsville place and only benefits from a proximity to London. I would never ever consider going back there to live.

Also 70k @ year is no big deal for a contractor but I suppose it's all relative
                  Notice the + sign they are minmum figures.

Comment

Im embarassed by what I earn. My Great great great great great Grandad had to work a lifetime to earn what I get in a day.

Talking of old people. DimPrawn that Noah popped in the office the other day looking for you. He wants that shekkel back he leant yeh.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                      Im embarassed by what I earn. My Great great great great great Grandad had to work a lifetime to earn what I get in a day.

Talking of old people. DimPrawn that Noah popped in the office the other day looking for you. He wants that shekkel back he leant yeh.
                      I earn in a day what it takes my GF to earn in just over a week!!! I know she is underpaid for what she does (Airport and refuling inspections) sometimes life is not fair...
                      SA says;
                      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X