• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Minted Thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Minted Thread"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Oh, thats fairly tame

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/threadnav15347-1-10.html

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Having just read some one having a go at NGooner for saying he's loaded I would like to add.

I am also minted.

Anyone else minted?

MF in 'Let us experienced contractors get back to the boasting' Mode.
    Where is the slanging match? Thank you

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Im embarassed by what I earn. My Great great great great great Grandad had to work a lifetime to earn what I get in a day.

Talking of old people. DimPrawn that Noah popped in the office the other day looking for you. He wants that shekkel back he leant yeh.
    I earn in a day what it takes my GF to earn in just over a week!!! I know she is underpaid for what she does (Airport and refuling inspections) sometimes life is not fair...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Im embarassed by what I earn. My Great great great great great Grandad had to work a lifetime to earn what I get in a day.

Talking of old people. DimPrawn that Noah popped in the office the other day looking for you. He wants that shekkel back he leant yeh.

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    I'm not sure I'd brag about only owning a 200k house... sounds a bit permie to me

One of my houses (which cost £68k 15 years ago -and long ago paid off the mortgage) is now (ridiculously)worth over £200k, but it's a dumpsville place and only benefits from a proximity to London. I would never ever consider going back there to live.

Also 70k @ year is no big deal for a contractor but I suppose it's all relative
    Notice the + sign they are minmum figures.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Diestl
    I would define minted as owning your own 200k+ house with no mortgage, own a decent 30k+ car (no loan), no major debts and a good lump sum in the bank and or some investments, also still able to pull in 70k+ a year via contracting.
    I'm not sure I'd brag about only owning a 200k house... sounds a bit permie to me

One of my houses (which cost £68k 15 years ago -and long ago paid off the mortgage) is now (ridiculously)worth over £200k, but it's a dumpsville place and only benefits from a proximity to London. I would never ever consider going back there to live.

Also 70k @ year is no big deal for a contractor but I suppose it's all relative
    Last edited by Troll; 9 March 2007, 14:02.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    A million isn't what it used to be. I would expect a lot (most) of people here would have net assets > £1m within 10-20 years.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    My definition of minted is a million quids including all assets

Leave a comment:

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    My teeth are minted at the moment, as I am enjoying a lovely courgette and mint soup...

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    I would define minted as owning your own 200k+ house with no mortgage, own a decent 30k+ car (no loan), no major debts and a good lump sum in the bank and or some investments, also still able to pull in 70k+ a year via contracting.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Anyone who has a go at somone for being minted is just jealous - loaded and proud of it

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Define 'minted'.
    Mr Easyjet said recently that 10million sets you up very nicely for a comfortable life of 1st class, best hotels etc and that you only really need any more for the crazy yachts/islands etc.
    I am worth around 300k if I liquidise all assets, that ain't minted...
    £10m would be nice. I tend not to look at my financial situation in terms of net worth - I prefer cash flow. To be more specific, how much money do I make from investments without having to do too much work. Examples are property rental yields, shares/dividends, premium bonds, bank interest etc etc.

I've always thought £5k a month would be a nice residual income, but I'm no where near that and to be honest it probably isn't enough anyway!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    House prices are going up 10% every year forever. I will be minted in 15 years time.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Define 'minted'.
    Mr Easyjet said recently that 10million sets you up very nicely for a comfortable life of 1st class, best hotels etc and that you only really need any more for the crazy yachts/islands etc.
    I am worth around 300k if I liquidise all assets, that ain't minted...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X