• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving into banking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cottonfoo
    Maybe someone here has managed to do it, but how do you move into banking, when all the banking jobs require experience?

Cheers.
    Find a job at a bank on a project that is being run by a firm of consultants. They will want any contractors to be as inept as possible (to make themselves look good by comparison). Your lack of banking knowledge will be a plus!

Comment

Unfortunately I'm rather competent at what I do do, so will show them up that way instead

I guess I will just apply for all the 650-a-day jobs I see that I think I can do
      perl -e1

Comment

Say you're experienced in change management and know excel macros backwards and forwards.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
          Say you're experienced in change management and know excel macros backwards and forwards.
          There's a lot of truth in that, plus mention Mifid and how you did SOX implementation - well it can't hurt.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
          X