• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clear Plan, Bold Action, Secure Future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    I got the local Tory candidate bumf letter through the post yesterday. It only mentions the C word once (no, not that one, the far worse one).

No party colours and words like "think local" and "I live here" highlighted in bold everywhere.

qh
    I saw one for the current MP/Tory candidate for the neighbouring constituency. Nowhere on the document, or his website, does it mention which party he is from.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      I got the local Tory candidate bumf letter through the post yesterday. It only mentions the C word once (no, not that one, the far worse one).

No party colours and words like "think local" and "I live here" highlighted in bold everywhere.
      What's a Tory election leaflet?

Not seen one...

Not even seen a sign for the Conservative and Unionist party.

In fact the only signs I've seen around are lots of "Lib Dems Winning Here" and a few "Labour" with the Union flag incorporated into it.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The betting cabinet minister is Alister Jack

The Secretary of State for Scotland

He's made £2,100.

He's claiming it is a joke and he didn't place any bets during May.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czkk0d19kgdo

Comment

Now it is up to 15.

https://news.sky.com/story/election-...gated-13159002

The election betting scandal has deepened as a Welsh Conservative is being investigated and a cabinet minister revealed he placed bets on the general election date.

Russell George, a Welsh Conservative member of the Senedd, stepped back from the shadow cabinet after it emerged he was facing a probe by the Gambling Commission over alleged betting on the timing of the vote.

Comment

Working...
          X