• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May the not so best person win

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May the not so best person win

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...versities.html

Saying 'the most qualified person should get the job' is a microaggression, Britain's top universities insist
    • The universities say it ignores the idea that race plays a part in life success
    • The move was called 'cowardly' and slammed as part of the 'woke agenda'
    classique!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Personally I would like to see the documents rather than what right leaning rags/broadsheets report.

Unfortunately I've found with newspapers on both the Left and Right they misreport lots of things whether they are words from historians, CofE clergy, or university diversity documents.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Personally I would like to see the documents rather than what right leaning rags/broadsheets report.

Unfortunately I've found with newspapers on both the Left and Right they misreport lots of things whether they are words from historians, CofE clergy, or university diversity documents.
      Luckily enough you can. the Universities seem rather proud of their inherently racist behaviour. CAF quoted in the right wing papers you disparage has links to the offending material. Educate yourself! (if that isn't a micro aggression!).

https://afcomm.org.uk/2024/02/23/uni...igation-finds/

Comment

So it is a media write up of a report written in another newspaper from the point of view of a group of academics, however it isn't each individual universities diversity/inclusion policy.

Also note a university department isn't an entire university.

Oh and I didn't just disparage right wing papers.

Comment

So it is a media write up of a report written in another newspaper from the point of view of a group of academics, however it isn't each individual universities diversity/inclusion policy.

Also note a university department isn't an entire university.

Oh and I didn't just disparage right wing papers.
          look at the CAF site (linky) they have links to the universities own pages.

If a delivery driver pisses in your garden that isn't their employers whole workforce but they have to own it especially if they told him to do it!

Comment

Interestingly the CofE don't agree with your use of the word woke.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-female-bishop

"The term woke originated in the USA and it was a black terminology, speaking specifically and directly to black people regarding the need to wake up and stay alert, to be consciously aware. So it is not just a mere word, it is a movement."
            “Those who are threatened by the authenticity of this movement want to scare us into thinking that being woke is a sin created by people on the left. But as the people of God, we should never be afraid or embarrassed of being called an advent people, always in the business of preparing and staying alert."

"So I want to address the elephant in the room … in case there is anybody nurturing those incorrect thoughts and mumbling under one’s breath or to your neighbour, ‘here we go again’, negatively using the term woke."

“We must remain awake to the reality that the church’s commitment to racial justice is not the church attempting to follow the world’s direction of travel regarding inclusion, equality and diversity, but instead it is a given. It comes from a deep desire to follow the lead of Christ.”
            There is no reporting on this by the CofE themselves but then it is Sunday.
            Last edited by SueEllen; 25 February 2024, 20:12.

Comment

Interestingly the CofE don't agree with your use of the word woke.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-female-bishop

There is no reporting on this by the CofE themselves but then it is Sunday.
              Typical left wing slave dealing newspapers making it up.

They make these things called dictionaries nowadays, they are the sort of reference you use for this kind of thing, not the wittering of people who worship sky faeries.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Typical left wing slave dealing newspapers making it up.

They make these things called dictionaries nowadays, they are the sort of reference you use for this kind of thing, not the wittering of people who worship sky faeries.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke
                This was also reported on GB news and other media/news outlets.

I was looking for the CofE's own report on it.

Comment

This was also reported on GB news and other media/news outlets.

I was looking for the CofE's own report on it.
                  I was teasing!

I'm an atheist why would I care what a bunch of sexist perverts in frocks think?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I was teasing!

I'm an atheist why would I care what a bunch of sexist perverts in frocks think?
                    (Un)fortunately they are the official religion of the UK as there are bishops who sit in our parliament and the King, who our military swear allegiance to, is their head.

Comment

Working...
                    X