• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thats it put the boot in Kaye

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats it put the boot in Kaye

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owed-them.html

This is my Post Office moment: Loose Women's Kaye Adams bravely lays bare her decade-long 'Kafkaesque' battle with the taxman after HMRC pursued her for £124k it wrongly claimed she owed them
    • The presenter, 61, won three court cases against the tax authority over the years

'For years, these people were ignored,' she told The Sunday Times.

She continued: 'Because there was this invested faith in the Post Office as this big organisation with all its values and its mission statements and stuff — "They can't be wrong!"
    READ MORE: TV star Kaye: Unbearable stress of my 10-year fight with taxman

'And then something changed, thank God, for the postmasters and postmistresses. People realised they had been so badly treated and that there had been such bad behaviour. But it's much easier to just dismiss the little guy.'

Adams received the news that her 10-year-battle was finally over last week. 'It’s been utterly Kafkaesque,' she told the publication.

She continued: 'I should be feeling elated right now that they've finally, after ten years, called off the dogs. And do you know what? I just feel utterly, utterly beaten up and gaslit.'

She went on to detail her frustration at the treatment she and other high profile presenters have received, insisting that her business affairs were 'absolutely routine', and that many in her position do the same.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Working...
X