• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh my.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsc View Post
    Let's be honest, however you look at it, Ukraine is in a rather bad position, the country is destroyed, it will take years to rebuild, population is spread around Europe, most young (or not even so young) men are dead or will be living with severe PTSD for the rest of their lives.
    They have resorted to force conscripting men with Down Syndrome for the trenches, heart breaking video: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...15576435097656

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

We don't talk about that. Or that "In the early 18th century, Kings of Dahomey (known today as Benin) became big players in the slave trade, waging a bitter war on their neighbours, resulting in the capture of 10,000, including another important slave trader, the King of Whydah. King Tegbesu made £250,000 a year selling people into slavery in 1750."
      On my late OU course I remember asking what the Benin people were trading for the bronze to make their art. 'Commodities' was the answer.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
      X