• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Water cut off in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water cut off in London

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...cut-off-homes/

Large swathes of homes in London have been left without water or with no pressure after a fault was reported at a plant in the capital.

Thames Water said households in more than 50 postcodes across London have had supplies disrupted while parents have reported on social media that schools have been forced to close.

In a statement posted on its website, Thames Water said: “We’re sorry if you’re experiencing low pressure or no water at any of the following postcodes -
    “CR4, E5, E8, EC1V, KT1, KT2, KT3, KT8, HA0, N1, N5, N15, N16, N17, NW1, NW2, NW10, SE1, SE11, SE16, SE17, SW4, SW8, SW9, SW13, SW14, SW15, SW18, SW19, TW2, TW4, TW5, TW7, TW8, TW10, TW11, TW12, TW14, TW17, UB1, UB2, UB6, W1H, W1H, W1M, W1N, W2, W3, W4, W6, W7, W10, W12, W13, W14.

“We’re really sorry if you have low pressure or no water. It’s been caused by a power supply problem which has affected our Ashford and Hampton water treatment works in west London.

“We’re working hard to fix the issue and to get things back to normal.”

I'm in W5...

It's back for most people.

Oddly I didn't notice it was off so I was probably in a low pressure area rather than a cut off area.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

lets look forward to a surge of poo in the Thames as its 'exceptional circumstances'
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Apparently us voters are talking about poo in our rivers unprompted when speaking to politicians.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X