• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just go!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go!

After grabbing Hermoso's face and kissing her on the lips, Rubiales refuses to resign at the press conference for his resignation.

Oh and Hermoso says she didn't like it.

Yes she later changed her statement but then I guess she wants to be picked for the national team again......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66609945

Luis Rubiales has refused to step down as president of the Spanish football federation following his behaviour at the Women's World Cup final on Sunday.

Rubiales, 46, kissed forward Jenni Hermoso on the lips after Spain's 1-0 victory over England.

He had earlier grabbed his crotch as he celebrated at the final whistle.

"I will not resign, I will not resign," he told an extraordinary general assembly called by the federation. "A social assassination is taking place."

Rubiales apologised for the kiss on Monday before Fifa, world football's governing body, opened disciplinary proceedings against him on Thursday.

On Friday he apologised for grabbing his crotch while celebrating in the VIP area in Stadium Australia, with Queen Letizia of Spain and her 16-year-old daughter stood nearby.

Widespread reports in Spain suggested Rubiales would announce his resignation on Friday - but instead he vowed to "fight until the end".

"I'm ready to be vilified to defend my ideals," he added. "I don't deserve this manhunt I have been suffering.

"I want to apologise without reservation for everything that happened in the box, when in a moment of euphoria I grabbed that part of my body that you have already seen.

"Of course I have to apologise, to the Queen, and to everyone who has felt offended. I have been in countless boxes and I have never behaved like that."
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

An awful man.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Reminds me of a time after a work do, got awarded for summit, forget what, and the boss's wife gave me a peck on the cheek and, being pretty drunk, I gave her a full snog on the lips. Whoops. what-a-mistaka-to-maka
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Reminds me of a time after a work do, got awarded for summit, forget what, and the boss's wife gave me a peck on the cheek and, being pretty drunk, I gave her a full snog on the lips. Whoops. what-a-mistaka-to-maka
        The fact that she had her hand on your ball-sack at the time may have led to mixed signals...
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Update - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rubiales-quits
          The Spanish women’s team will not play squad matches until the federation leadership is changed, they said in a joint statement on Friday hours after Luis Rubiales hit out a “false feminism” and a “social assassination” of his character as he vowed to stay on as head of Spain’s football federation.
          I have no idea what "false feminism" is but I know there are a lot of men on here and others I know in real life who have manners.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I have been in countless boxes and I have never behaved like that."
            To be fair, that might have been slightly mistranslated...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I wonder why he thinks his behaviour is acceptable....

https://www.theguardian.com/football...support-of-him

The mother of Spain’s embattled football chief, Luis Rubiales, has reportedly shut herself in a church in southern Spain and declared herself to be on a hunger strike over what she described as the “inhumane and bloodthirsty hunt” of her son.

The decision by Ángeles Béjar to lock herself into a 19th-century church is the latest twist in a saga that has gripped Spain for the past week after her 46-year-old son grabbed the Spanish forward Jenni Hermoso by the head and planted a kiss on her lips during the World Cup medal ceremony.

Comment

Working...
              X