• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maybe its because I ain't a Londoner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe its because I ain't a Londoner?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Londoners.html

Sadiq Khan plunged into race row after his official website publishes picture of white family and says they don’t ‘represent real Londoners’
    • Labour London Mayor faces calls to apologise after message appeared online
    • The photograph featured in a guide on how to portray the 'brand' of the Mayor
    • Mayor's spokesperson said photo caption was added by staff member 'in error'

oops
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Weird considering there are families with two white Eastern European parents in London. (I actually asked kids on my extended family in London who they went to school/college with, and the only kids likely to have two white parents had both parents from Eastern Europe. )

Though the biggest thing near me was there were 3 posters put up by an evangelical church (cult) building representing a local family, an older couple and an international family.

They put the local family as white European and the international family as a rainbow assortment. It was noticeable as it was the wrong way round.

Anyway after about 6 months they changed the pictures of the families....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Weird considering there are families with two white Eastern European parents in London. (I actually asked kids on my extended family in London who they went to school/college with, and the only kids likely to have two white parents had both parents from Eastern Europe. )

Though the biggest thing near me was there were 3 posters put up by an evangelical church (cult) building representing a local family, an older couple and an international family.

They put the local family as white European and the international family as a rainbow assortment. It was noticeable as it was the wrong way round.

Anyway after about 6 months they changed the pictures of the families....
      Its not racist to expect things to make sense biologically.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

FFS, don't bring facts into a debate, it only leads to tears.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Khan is an odd, little man.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

That doesn't really account for blended families where you have partners with kids from prior relationships

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That doesn't really account for blended families where you have partners with kids from prior relationships
              As SE's example was that the parents are BAME but the kids are white then its sort of difficult to suggest that makes sense.

Comment

As SE's example was that the parents are BAME but the kids are white then its sort of difficult to suggest that makes sense.
                Adoption? Fostering?

Comment

Sorry didn't realise I needed to be specific - one of the parents was white the other parent wasn't and the kids were in-between in the rainbow family.

That is more like the families in my local area who are from the area or nearby, there as the white European family is more like families who come to live in the area from abroad.

And yes if you travel around in the day it isn't uncommon to see adults with children who don't look related but then who cares.

If you are trying to get people to come to your church (cult) then you should appeal to actually who lives in the area.

BTW not all evangelical churches are considered a cult but this one is.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Adoption? Fostering?
                    Under represented in those wishing to foster and over represented in those needing care so the statistics are sadly against your argument.

https://www.capstonefostercare.co.uk...cross-cultures

Comment

Working...
                    X