• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zero value post, just ranting, don't blame me for wasting your time if you read it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero value post, just ranting, don't blame me for wasting your time if you read it

The rise of the sanctimonious postings on LinkedIn are really getting on my .

Don't care if:
    • you've just been on holiday from your 'amazing job' and are 'So happy to be back'. And the photo of your smug, young good looking self with your incredibly beautiful other half both drinking something 'tasty' while in your bathers makes me want to find you and
    • you're 'so grateful' to work in a company that 'values you so much' you can work 100000% flexibly; look after your kids; start and finish when you want.
    • you share 'inspirational' posts from ANY sort of 'Life coach' - it's all tulip!
    • you're in recruitment and post anything that's not a open role; and (if it's contract) if you don't include day rate and IR35 status

Only care about:
    • open contract roles that are accurately described including rate, IR35 status, location etc.
    • dog photos

I know....I put up a few 'how 'the f brave I am' working through cancer posts - tough!

It's the algo: everyone's* chasing higher ranking and more eyeballs.

* I say "everyone", but it's only really the self-aggrandising ******* of the world.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post

Don't care if:
      • you've just been on holiday from your 'amazing job' and are 'So happy to be back'. And the photo of your smug, young good looking self with your incredibly beautiful other half both drinking something 'tasty' while in your bathers makes me want to find you and
      • you're 'so grateful' to work in a company that 'values you so much' you can work 100000% flexibly; look after your kids; start and finish when you want.
      • you share 'inspirational' posts from ANY sort of 'Life coach' - it's all tulip!
      • you're in recruitment and post anything that's not a open role; and (if it's contract) if you don't include day rate and IR35 status

Only care about:
      • open contract roles that are accurately described including rate, IR35 status, location etc.
      • dog photos

I know....I put up a few 'how 'the f brave I am' working through cancer posts - tough!
      Don't forget the "I haven't had alcohol for 28 days - here's what I've learned about why I'm so much better than you now" posts
      If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post

Don't forget the "I haven't had alcohol for 28 days - here's what I've learned about why I'm so much better than you now" posts
        block and report every one of those c*nts
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post

Damn! I stopped drinking on Feb 28th - the day before chemo started and I forgot to post it on LinkedIn.....

I know, I'll just bang up a post saying how much 'stronger' I feel for it (does anyone know what 'stronger' really means?)

Comment

That was a zero value post and I blame you for wasting my time - how do I get my money back?

Comment

Only care about:
              • dog photos

What!?!

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

What!?!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	LinkedIn_Profile-of-dogs-1.png
Views:	250
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	4269351

Comment

Only care about:
                  • Cat photos

FTFY!
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Zeus.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.49 MB ID:	4269360
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Sox Machine View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	LinkedIn_Profile-of-dogs-1.png
Views:	250
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	4269351
                    Hmmmm - A dog will always aim to please and display loyalty to its owner, whereas a cat will always seek to be served and obeyed.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X