• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just checking you have done your share

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking you have done your share

Of house work

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...family-members

The Spanish government is hoping to encourage men to do more at home by developing a free app that will log how much time each household or family member spends on domestic chores.
    Announcing the measure in Geneva earlier this week, Spain’s secretary of state for equality, Ángela Rodríguez, said the aim was to shed light on the invisible “mental load” overwhelmingly carried by women when it comes to domestic tasks.

Rodríguez told the UN committee on the elimination of discrimination against women: “We’ll soon be unveiling an app that will allow people to log the household chores that different members of the family perform so we can see how many hours of work we each spend on housework and thus reorder the time we spend doing that housework.”

She said the new app, whose development budget is reported to be €211,750 (£184,000), was designed to ensure that every family member pulled their weight. “We think this is an exercise that could be used at home to share the chores out between sons, daughter, fathers, mothers, or between flatmates or life partners, because the division of those tasks is sometimes unequal,” she said.

Rodríguez said the app would also serve to highlight all the invisible jobs necessary for the smooth running of a house. Although tidying up the kitchen might take 20 minutes, she said, it depended on someone having remembered to buy washing-up liquid or having planned the shopping list.
    She later responded to critics of the plan in a tweet, saying: “Ah, privileges. What those who are annoyed by the chore-sharing app are really annoyed about is the possibility of having to start doing their bit at home.”

Last edited by SueEllen; 19 May 2023, 15:00.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Super we can add in mowing the lawn, fixing the toilet and listening to the Mrs complain!

Should be worth a few hours.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Super we can add in mowing the lawn, fixing the toilet and listening to the Mrs complain!

I think you are being selfish you should put Mrs Vetran down for mowing the lawn (including garden waste disposal, etc) and for fixing the toilet.

​​​​
      ​​​​

​​​​​
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I think you are being selfish you should put Mrs Vetran down for mowing the lawn (including garden waste disposal, etc) and for fixing the toilet.
        yeah right that is going to happen, poor love was tired & stressed, she launched on "help me clean up the kitchen & lounge". I pointed out I don't use either in a significant way, children's toys and plates everywhere aren't my responsibility but I need to complete a strategy doc tonight. Cue sulk!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Really? Doesn't everyone have staff or an outsourced service provider?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I was going to add, change the oil and filter on the car. Lay the concrete slabs in the garden. Unblock the outside drains.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X