• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heath-check on expenses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heath-check on expenses?

Afternoon all
    I'm thinking about getting a health-check, and my research suggests that I can claim the cost as a legitimate expense.
    Does anyone know if there's a limit that can be claimed?

TIA

Dave, Dorset

Visits to the STD clinic are not tax deductible
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDrPop View Post
      Afternoon all
      I'm thinking about getting a health-check, and my research suggests that I can claim the cost as a legitimate expense.
      Does anyone know if there's a limit that can be claimed?

TIA

Dave, Dorset
      You've waited 15 years to make your first post and that's the best you can do? FFS, hell in a handcart!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

You've waited 15 years to make your first post and that's the best you can do? FFS, hell in a handcart!
        I was a bit surprised to see how long ago I joined :-)

I wasn't so old and knackered then

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDrPop View Post

I was a bit surprised to see how long ago I joined :-)

I wasn't so old and knackered then
          Stalker!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What did ChatGPT say?

Failing that you could go oldschool and call your accoutant.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So I'm assuming yourCo paying for a health check is much the same as if it paid for medical insurance. The cost becomes a BIK and should be declared on your P11d.

In light of that, I can't see there being a limit on the expenditure.

Comment

Oh and after 15 years of lurking, you ought to know which forum to post in if you want all sensible answers.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Oh and after 15 years of lurking, you ought to know which forum to post in if you want all sensible answers.
                  You have another stalker!
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X