• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your address used for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your address used for?

First someone house is used for a VAT scam by 11000 companies now someone's home is being used to break sanctions

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/north-lon...ics-sanctions/

An unassuming terraced house in north London is the registered address of a British business that appears to have sold $1.2bn (nearly £1bn) of goods to Russia since the invasion of Ukraine.
    The property, in Enfield, is home to Mykines Corporation LLC, which according to Russian records has sent semiconductors, servers, laptops, computer components, telecoms network equipment and consumer electronics into the country.

Brands sent include Huawei, H3C Intel, AMD, Apple and Samsung.

About £790 million's worth of those goods are on a list of restricted export items from the UK to Russia, meaning a possible breach of sanctions - even though they entered the country via other countries like China, according to the Financial Times.

Much of the electronics is aimed at consumers, but some appear to be linked to a Russian company that researches aviation and drones, microelectronics, sensors and industrial electronics.

The man who rents the property as his home told the Mail on Sunday he was not even aware that it was being used as a business address.

"I have been renting this address for around 11 months, so this is a bit of a shock," he said.

The house is owned by a Cypriot man, while the business belongs to a 53-year-old Ukrainian.

Online records show several more current and former companies registered to the address, including a 'Russian Trading Company Ltd'.

The discovery was made by a Madrid-based analyst of customs flows, who passed on his findings to the Financial Times.

A British government spokesman said: ‘All businesses registered in the UK are bound by law to comply with the Russia Sanctions regime.

"We take potential breaches very seriously, but do not discuss the details of how we enforce trade sanctions for specific cases."
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

My tenant uses my address to sell model trains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Green%27s_Court_walk-up.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	4259508
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	220px-Green%27s_Court_walk-up.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	4259508
      That's what he tells you!
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Green%27s_Court_walk-up.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	4259508
        let me guess he has a shop on only trams?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X