• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not a morning...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a morning...

cow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-65123453

A cow has attracted sympathy from across the globe for "pretending" to be asleep to get out of being milked.

Doris - part of a 200-strong herd on an Isle of Wight dairy farm - has featured on a US news programme and attracted more than 1.5 million views on TikTok.

The video prompting all the fuss shows farmhand John Brodie trying to coax an unimpressed-looking Doris outside on a cold morning two weeks ago.

Mr Brodie said the footage demonstrated how Doris was "more person than cow".

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    cow

Mr Brodie said the footage demonstrated how Doris was "more person than cow".
    That's his excuse ready then...
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I wonder if they'll show the video of Doris getting stunned, throat slit, decapitated, hide stripped, butchered and packaged for human/animal consumption.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        I wonder if they'll show the video of Doris getting stunned, throat slit, decapitated, hide stripped, butchered and packaged for human/animal consumption.
        Probably not.

But if you want, I'll take a photo of me chomping down on her with a slice of cheese between a nice seeded bun.

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post

Probably not.

But if you want, I'll take a photo of me chomping down on her with a slice of cheese between a nice seeded bun.

You appear to have arrived at the conclusion that I'm some sort of Vegetarian or Vegan. I have no qualms or misconceptions whatsoever regarding how our food is produced. I just want to see other peoples reaction when they find out what is going to happen to that cute little milk factory when its milk production slows/stops.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

You appear to have arrived at the conclusion that I'm some sort of Vegetarian or Vegan. I have no qualms or misconceptions whatsoever regarding how our food is produced. I just want to see other peoples reaction when they find out what is going to happen to that cute little milk factory when its milk production slows/stops.
            It's hardly a secret they have to kill the cow to butcher it, but this is done humanely in the UK (apart perhaps from Halal arguments). Watching a surgeon perform a major operation to save a child's life is no less gory and horrific. I think it's good people have greater connection to their food - you can care for animals and still eat them, in fact I think you should care about animals if you eat them - but that doesn't mean they should be encouraged to watch slaughter videos in the steakhouse.

All that said, watching a butcher at work is pretty interesting. Our local farm has an onsite butchers and somewhat unusually they make no effort to hide the butchery. I don't mean cutting steaks or seeing the sides of beef hanging in the background, you will frequently walk past outside and see next to the shop, the butcher essentially hacking up half a cow with a machete. I think that's pretty cool but it's always a little surprising.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

We have enough issues getting people to to eat Veal, a by product of the milk industry, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for better understanding as the average punter tucks into a Big Mac

Comment

Working...
              X