• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official budget thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPC View Post

If you are a UK-based company and you want to relocate to Ireland to take advantage of the lower corporation tax rate of 12.5%, it is possible to do so, but you will need to follow certain procedures.

Firstly, you will need to register your company in Ireland and ensure that you comply with all the legal requirements for setting up a business in Ireland. This will include registering your company with the Irish Companies Registration Office and obtaining the necessary licenses and permits to operate your business in Ireland.

Once your company is registered in Ireland, you will be subject to Irish corporation tax on your profits at the rate of 12.5%. However, it is important to note that you may still be liable for UK corporation tax on any profits earned in the UK, depending on the circumstances of your business.
    If this was true then why bother with 12.5% tax in Ireland when you could have opened company in Isle of Man and pay 0% corp tax?

If top management (you) is resident in the UK then that company will be deemed as if being in the UK for tax reasons, that’s why, otherwise everybody who got foreign clients would dodge heavy UK corp taxation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

If this was true
      Narrator: it isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

If this was true then why bother with 12.5% tax in Ireland when you could have opened company in Isle of Man and pay 0% corp tax?

If top management (you) is resident in the UK then that company will be deemed as if being in the UK for tax reasons, that’s why, otherwise everybody who got foreign clients would dodge heavy UK corp taxation.
        IF.. Thanks to my parents i can and do move around.

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

Oh dear. Im trying to decide which camp you are. The cut off my nose to spite my face camp or...

Comment

IF.. Thanks to my parents i can and do move around.
            If you become tax resident of Ireland then you should be ok, but if you stay UK resident then it won’t be so good

Comment

Oh dear. Im trying to decide which camp you are. The cut off my nose to spite my face camp or...
              a camp you'll never see

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

a camp you'll never see
                oh the stealth glasshouse yes of course, very safe choice sir especially when they're fragile.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ncellor-budget

Labour promises to reverse Jeremy Hunt’s pensions giveaway for richest 1%

Comment

Excellent news for pension planning

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Excellent news for pension planning
                      Exactly what I was thinking. Was already torn between BADR and paying remaining LTD profits to pension now the outside roles seem to be drying up (Change BA in FS). How on earth do you act on this when they're both u-turning or threatening to reverse every 5mins!

Comment

Working...
                      X