• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client 'P' take goes to a new level

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client 'P' take goes to a new level

Just had a call from a third party (not in the me-agency-consultancy-end client chain) who works via the same consultancy as myself on non-related projects for the same end client.

I was basically told that the end client wanted to 'bench' me for six weeks - AFTER the end of the two week Christmas shutdown and 'would I be ok with that?' Strange request as my contract is currently only until 26/01 but there we are.

Oh how I chortled . He then said I should call the end client big wigs to ask if I could keep working.... double chortle

Called my agent who was less than impressed and said he will speak to the consultancy and ask them what's happening. Bit of an awkward moment when he mentioned he'd had a reference request for the role I've already accepted for end of Jan, but we muddled through

Anyway, rant over, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah to all

Bench on full pay? Why not its time to relax.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
    X