• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OpenAI ChatGPT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenAI ChatGPT

Well, there's a new AI on the scene, and I signed up for the preview. Seems pretty clever. https://chat.openai.com/chat

Prompt: write a story about DimPrawn, who was very rich and successful and funny

Response:

DimPrawn was a man who had it all. He was rich, successful, and funny. He had a great sense of humor that people loved and admired.

Growing up, DimPrawn never had much. He grew up in a small town with very little money, but he always had a big dream. He dreamed of one day becoming rich and successful.

After finishing high school, DimPrawn went off to college and worked hard. He studied business and finance, and he learned everything there was to know about making money.

After college, DimPrawn landed a job at a big investment bank. He quickly proved himself to be a valuable asset, and he was soon promoted to a high-paying position.

DimPrawn was a natural at making money. He had a great eye for investment opportunities and he always seemed to know which stocks would rise and which would fall. He made millions of dollars for his clients, and he became one of the most successful financial advisors in the world.

But DimPrawn was more than just a financial genius. He was also very funny. He had a great sense of humor and he loved to make people laugh. He often told jokes at business meetings, and his colleagues loved him for it.

DimPrawn's life was perfect. He had everything he ever wanted - a successful career, lots of money, and the ability to make people laugh. He was truly living the dream.

One day, DimPrawn decided to take a break from his busy life and travel the world. He visited exotic locations and saw amazing sights. He even tried his hand at stand-up comedy in a small club in Paris, and he was a huge hit.

Eventually, DimPrawn returned home and resumed his successful career. But he never forgot the fun he had traveling and making people laugh. He continued to tell jokes and make people smile, and he remained one of the most successful and funny people in the world.

The end.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

What's wrong with this C# code?

var x = 5.0; for (int i = 20; i > 0; i--) { var y = x / (i-1); }

One potential problem with this C# code is that it is dividing by zero on the final iteration of the for loop. On the last iteration, the value of i will be 1, which means that the y variable will be assigned the result of x / 0. This will cause a runtime error, as dividing by zero is not allowed in C#.

To fix this issue, the for loop condition can be modified to stop at i = 1 instead of i = 0. This will prevent the division by zero error and allow the code to run successfully.

Comment

That must be some other DimPrawn.

Comment

The thing is absolutely astounding.

Comment

maybe we can upgrade Gricer?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Prompt: A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

Correct Answer: The third room, because those lions haven't eaten in three years, so they are dead!

AI Response:

It is not possible to determine which of the three rooms would be safest for the condemned murderer, as all of the rooms present potentially deadly situations. In the first room, the raging fires would pose a significant threat to the person's safety. In the second room, the assassins with loaded guns would also pose a significant threat. In the third room, the lions that haven't eaten in three years could also be a danger, as they may be more aggressive and unpredictable than well-fed lions. Ultimately, the safest option for the murderer would be to avoid all three rooms.

Comment

Ask - who framed Roger Rabbit?

Comment

Prompt:

There are two fathers and two sons. They walk into a candy store and each buys a candy bar for 50 cents. The total for all of the candy bars was $1.50. How is that possible?

Response:

It is possible that the total for all of the candy bars was $1.50 if the two fathers and two sons are not all different people. For example, if one of the fathers is also one of the sons, then there are only three people in total, and each of them buys a candy bar for 50 cents, totaling $1.50. Another possibility is that the two fathers are brothers and the two sons are their respective sons, in which case there are still only three people in total, and the same scenario applies.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Ask - who framed Roger Rabbit?
                  In the 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the character Eddie Valiant (played by Bob Hoskins) is hired to investigate the alleged infidelity of Roger Rabbit's wife, Jessica. He eventually discovers that Roger has been framed for the murder of Marvin Acme, the owner of Toontown, and sets out to clear his name and bring the real culprit to justice.

Comment

Prompt: Write a c# program that performs a sieve of Eratosthenes

Response: This program creates an array of booleans with the limit + 1, and sets all values in the array to true initially. It then sets 0 and 1 to false, as they are not prime numbers. The sieve is performed by iterating over the array, setting all multiples of a prime number to false. Finally, the prime numbers are printed.

Note that this is just a simple example, and there may be more efficient ways to implement the sieve of Eratosthenes in C#.

Code:
                    using System;

namespace SieveOfEratosthenes
                    {
                    class Program
                    {
                    static void Main(string[] args)
                    {
                    // Set the limit for the sieve
                    int limit = 100;

// Create an array of booleans with the limit + 1
                    // We add 1 to the limit because the array is zero-indexed
                    // and we want to include the number 100 in the sieve
                    bool[] sieve = new bool[limit + 1];

// Set all values in the sieve to true initially
                    for (int i = 0; i <= limit; i++)
                    {
                    sieve[i] = true;
                    }

// Set 0 and 1 to false, as they are not prime numbers
                    sieve[0] = false;
                    sieve[1] = false;

// Perform the sieve
                    for (int i = 2; i <= limit; i++)
                    {
                    // If the value at the current index is true, it is a prime number
                    if (sieve[i] == true)
                    {
                    // Set all multiples of the prime number to false
                    // Start at i * 2, because the lower multiples have already been set to false
                    for (int j = i * 2; j <= limit; j += i)
                    {
                    sieve[j] = false;
                    }
                    }
                    }

// Print the prime numbers
                    for (int i = 0; i <= limit; i++)
                    {
                    if (sieve[i] == true)
                    {
                    Console.Write(i + " ");