• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some play major tennis tournaments, others

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some play major tennis tournaments, others

rescue people...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...espite-labour/

A pregnant firefighter involved in a car crash in Maryland jumped out and helped rescue another woman from an upturned vehicle, despite starting to go into labour.
    Megan Warfield was hailed as “a true public servant” for her swift actions while nine months pregnant with her third child, as she administered first aid and waited for paramedics, all while experiencing contractions.

“I started to climb in there with her, but then I was like, ‘What are you doing? You’re nine months pregnant,’” Ms Warfield told NBC’s Today show. “I ended up holding onto her to keep her in place because I wasn’t sure of her injuries at the time.

“It was also important that I keep her calm,” Ms Warfield added. “It was a pretty traumatic event.”

Ms Warfield was a passenger in another car involved in the crash as she headed home from a golf tournament she had organised in honour of her late father.

Remarkably, one of the first responders on the scene was her partner - and paramedic - Joshua Daugherty.

Shortly after help arrived, Ms Warfield took herself off to the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore to get checked out.

Unbeknown to her, the unborn baby had moved into a sideways position during the crash and had induced labour. A healthy baby daughter was born less than 24 hours later.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

look at the cojones on her!

Mate of mine used to be a PC, we wondered where she was one night when we were supposed to meet up for a curry, she was being held at knife point attending a domestic.

Makes our lives seem a little tame.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
    X