• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Part-time workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I see a lot more people in their 40s - 60s working in supermarkets now than 3 years ago.
    I see 60 to over 70s stacking shelves in supermarkets. One had cancer and worked until the day before his death. I met another elderly chap with cancer who is also working so that he can afford some extra private treatment. This country has become a s*** hole.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I see 60 to over 70s stacking shelves in supermarkets. One had cancer and worked until the day before his death. I met another elderly chap with cancer who is also working so that he can afford some extra private treatment. This country has become a s*** hole.
      You seen the plot of breaking Bad? Most bankruptcies in many countries are because of healthcare costs, the US is the worst. As fewer contribute there is less to spend.

We are lucky that we have health care free at the point of use.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

We are lucky that we have health care free at the point of use.
        My inclination is that ...
        We are lucky that we have health care currently free at the point of use ...

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

My inclination is that ...
          We are lucky that we have health care currently free at the point of use ...
          There are no overt intentions to change it. There are however doubts about the companies suckling at the NHS's rather generous teat and the actual organisation of the NHS any attempts to change that are described as privatising the NHS.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X