• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Mars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Mars

"Mars bar shortage causing gaps on UK supermarket shelves

Shoppers looking for popular chocolate snack encounter empty shelves and ‘out of stock’ messages

Shoppers looking for Mars bars have been encountering empty shelves and “out of stock” messages on supermarket websites, with some stores warning they are not expecting deliveries for two weeks or more.

When asked about the apparent shortages, one major retailer told the Guardian that “[it] looks like a production issue on Mars’s end may be causing gaps across retailers”.

In response, Mars Wrigley, the company behind Mars, Snickers, Bounty and Twix bars, said it was “experiencing high levels of demand”, but added that it wanted to “reassure the British public that our much-loved brands are still available nationwide”."

https://www.theguardian.com/business...market-shelves

Ack Ack!

BOOM: Mars

Comment

Considering all the very overweight people you see nowadays maybe that's a good thing.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Considering all the very overweight people you see nowadays maybe that's a good thing.
        i thought you liked huge arses?

This forum used to be full of 'em...

Comment

i thought you liked huge arses?
          I do. Even chewier than Mars bars.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	shutterstock_90889457.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	4231312
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

I do. Even chewier than Mars bars.
              NSFW - https://youtu.be/X53ZSxkQ3Ho
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What will they use instead, a Bounty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_(...bar)#Economics
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X