• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

21-22 Self Assessments ... why are tax totals off by so much this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your wife needs to check her P60 and payslips. It could well be that her employer offshored payroll and they've screwed up. She should also log into her tax account and check what records HMRC has on her.

Comment

Originally posted by mogga71 View Post

Many thanks eek ... that makes perfect sense for me being with an Umbrella Company....however I would not have expected my permie wife's employer (an Investment Bank) to have made the same error....and as mentioned before, HMRC have always owed her money in the past.
      Mid year payrise or large bonus payment?

Still can't see how it would be above £5,000 though....

But the truth will be in the P60 and her HMRC personal tax account - as Ladymuck points out.
      Last edited by eek; 8 August 2022, 08:59.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Mid year payrise or large bonus payment?

Still can't see how it would be above £5,000 though....

But the truth will be in the P60 and her HMRC personal tax account - as Ladymuck points out.
        Yeah spot on .... she was given a bonus of much more than previous years and it had slipped her mind (LOL).

So the SA figures are correct. We were being numpties.

Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
        X