• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Healthcare.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    How old are you Xog (or is that too personal a question?)

I dont want you poping your clogs any time soon!
    I'm not sure that would be an ecumenical matter.

Comment

Bupa

We got a 30% discount on BUPA through my partner - who is a civil servant. I suspect that BUPA "discounts" are like double glazing discounts - available to anyone if they ask.

We were more than happy with BUPA cover but the we found was that as we moved into our late 30's the premiums began to rise much faster than inflation and regardless of our claims record - 2 minor ones in 10 years.

Given that we are both in good health and keep ourselves pretty fit we finally snapped when the premiums went over £100 pm.

So we looked around and used a broker to find us a deal. We've been with this bunch now for 5 years - Freedom Health. At age 44 and 46 we are now paying around £67 pm and getting pretty much the same cover as BUPA. This policy rises in line with inflation (CPI) and is not age-related.

Comment

Originally posted by LGDT
        We got a 30% discount on BUPA through my partner - who is a civil servant. I suspect that BUPA "discounts" are like double glazing discounts - available to anyone if they ask.

We were more than happy with BUPA cover but the we found was that as we moved into our late 30's the premiums began to rise much faster than inflation and regardless of our claims record - 2 minor ones in 10 years.

Given that we are both in good health and keep ourselves pretty fit we finally snapped when the premiums went over £100 pm.

So we looked around and used a broker to find us a deal. We've been with this bunch now for 5 years - Freedom Health. At age 44 and 46 we are now paying around £67 pm and getting pretty much the same cover as BUPA. This policy rises in line with inflation (CPI) and is not age-related.
        Thanks very much LGDT - very useful stuff.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
        X