• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Healthcare.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    http://www.preventicum.de/adaywithus.0.html

£2950

Every scan, test known to man and 6 star luxury surroundings with world leading professors and consultants.

That's what proper contractors do when they have the sniffles.
    Ah that rocks - I'd love to have something like that done.

Bit pricey like!!
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne

Bit pricey like!!

heh - I can imagine you SA taking this on, going through all the poking and proding then at the end the medical report will say:

'Overweight - low calorie diet and exercises recommended'

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman_1
        I got all those tests (Except the MRI and Colonoscopy ) for £350 when i joined Bupa. It was all at a Bupa medical centre (Id say 4 stars maybe). Sounds a bit pricey to me.
        That's the pricey bit. The full MRI body scanning and colonoscopy (which can include MRI colonoscopy) costs a fortune.

Comment

I have heard of private clinics in the UK doing and personal 'MOT' for £250 - test evertything etc.

Private vs NHS - a relative of mine got heart disease - the private hospital could not diagnose the problem and refered him to the NHS !!!!

Private is good for 'out' patient stuff....but if you're really sick don't trust it.

Comment

Do you think Bupa and the like is only useful for serious stuff like Cancer and that?

Or do they give you a full medical and fix anything thats a bit dodgey (i.e. allergies and stuff)?
            It is next to useless for serious stuff like cancer. PHI only covers conditions for which you can be cured.

Never rule out the self-insurance option (for anything where insurance is not legally required). Put £x away per month and use it to pay privately. Ultimately, if you don't use it, you get your money back plus any returns on it. Unlike insurance premiums.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              It is next to useless for serious stuff like cancer. PHI only covers conditions for which you can be cured.

Never rule out the self-insurance option (for anything where insurance is not legally required). Put £x away per month and use it to pay privately. Ultimately, if you don't use it, you get your money back plus any returns on it. Unlike insurance premiums.
              Not true LB - I'm with BUPA and it does cover all types of cancer - it is the only policy that does though apparantly.

Comment

For a small fee. I will staple your lips together....that will stop you eating...and no need for healthcare!

Comment

Bit pricey like!!
                  £2950? Less than a major service cost for a typical contractor car (e.g. 911 Turbo, Maserati, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                    For a small fee. I will staple your lips together....that will stop you eating...and no need for healthcare!
                    her BF won't like that !
                    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

You need to analyse your genetics AND your lifestyle. If your ancestors live to a ripe old age and you live a reasonably healthy lifestyle, odds are you'll never need it.
                      The health companies are obviously wise to this, so if the above doesn't apply then read the small print carefully.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X