• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: The High Street

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    Although my contract is with a bank in London I work from a shared working space in Southend.

The high street if full of Turkish barbers and mobile phone accessory/vape stores which are always empty. There are a few half decent independent places for lunch but the mainstream offerings are Mc Ds, Burger King, Greggs and KFC.
    they all went bust when the chains attacked I used to love the Buttery for breakfast they closed 5 years ago.

Hopefully the position will reverse and small cafes will open, but I suspect we will start to see 'Micro Maccys' with a fry / burger chef and a kiosk by the door opening in a village near you.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy At Charnock Richard View Post

I enjoy shopping - I particularly like window shopping for inspiration. Also, if I don't now the product, I like to see it for real and, in the case of clothing, try it on to make sure it suits me and I like the feel of it. Then a few nibbles and swigs in Frankie and Bennies, or wherever, makes it the feel good experience that you're never going to get online.
      You must be a 50 year old dinosaur.

For inspiration, young people like me use social media.
      To make sure an item of clothing fits, young people like me get the clothes delivered at home, try them on in the comfort of our homes, and then send back whatever we don't like.

Oh wait, you mentioned Frankie and Bennies. Then yeah you are at least a 60 year old fossil.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

You must be a 50 year old dinosaur.

For inspiration, young people like me use social media.
        To make sure an item of clothing fits, young people like me get the clothes delivered at home, try them on in the comfort of our homes, and then send back whatever we don't like.

Oh wait, you mentioned Frankie and Bennies. Then yeah you are at least a 60 year old fossil.
        Well at least somebody's got something right about me

Comment

Then a few nibbles and swigs in Frankie and Bennies
          Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
          Then nibbles and swigs with the gals
          Inneresting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
            Although my contract is with a bank in London I work from a shared working space in Southend.

The high street if full of Turkish barbers and mobile phone accessory/vape stores which are always empty. There are a few half decent independent places for lunch but the mainstream offerings are Mc Ds, Burger King, Greggs and KFC.
            Lot of money laundering in Southend?

They'd better watch out considering who has their offices there

Comment

Lot of money laundering in Southend?

Why else do you think an Essex Boys related film is released roughly every two weeks?

Comment

Working...
              X