• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors taking time off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I've had a couple of breaks of 3-6 months with no problem. Probably best to start looking after 4-5 months and then it won't appear as much of a gap.
    Same here, the roles were contracting at the time and the next employer gave me a contract role. I'm not sure what the outcome would be being interviewed with a perm.employer maybe they would have asked a few questions about the various past contract roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post

Same here, the roles were contracting at the time and the next employer gave me a contract role. I'm not sure what the outcome would be being interviewed with a perm.employer maybe they would have asked a few questions about the various past contract roles.
      I went perm after a 6 month break and they didn't bat an eye lid. They were very focused on my experience and the results of interview tests.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I went perm after a 6 month break and they didn't bat an eye lid. They were very focused on my experience and the results of interview tests.
        That's what I found, I brought a lot of experience to the table along with self funded qualifications. They couldn't say anything. It's a gutter though taking a perm job as I find they are less money, all of a sudden a load of contract jobs come along with a bloody good hourly rate !

Comment

I suspect you will limit the pool of available clients if you make it clear you only wish to work 6 months a year.

Comment

Working...
          X