• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just a rant.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a rant.....

Rather rant here than start banging out emails and LinkedIn messages to people who might want to engage me again in the future!

Just had a project pulled 4 months early - nothing to do with me but the original PM / delivery company has been dismissed and a new organisation taken over; new organisation has decided cutting budgets is more important than delivering a decent application.

New organisation has taken a very few contractors over from the original company but not many (myself included) but doesn't have any in-house resources to pick up what I do (Test Management).

I'm not annoyed about losing a gig early (it's happened before and will happen again) but the thought of the delivered application not going through rigorous testing before Production is getting right on my wick - it's potentially life critical and has by name all over it.

So, do I start messaging the CEO of the new organisation on LinkedIn or just keep quiet and hope I get a call in the next couple of weeks begging for me to come back and rescue the assistant PM who now has planning EBT, UAT and SAT on his task list?

Make sure everything with your name on it has all the i's dotted and the t's crossed and that any risks, issues etc are all documented and widely shared. Then all you can do is invoice and leave, and maybe hope that they realise you were worth keeping hold of.

How good is your relationship with the end client? Can you leverage anything there?

Comment

If I were genuinely concerned about risk to life (rather than just peeved) I think I would try to find a way to whistleblow but that's fraught with its own risk.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Cheers both.

I've got some sway with the end client, and also with the new PM, but the un-seen 'senior management aren't listening to either and are still just juggling the ££££'s (even though I know they've just received a shedload of funding for this year.)

As far as the application being life-critical, I raised this openly with the PM and was assured 'it will be tested thoroughly before going live'. It's just my idea of 'tested thoroughly' is a bit different from his!

Anyway, just sent a nice LinkedIn message to the CEO of the new delivery organization offering my services if needed for any future work, so will see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
          Anyway, just sent a nice LinkedIn message to the CEO of the new delivery organization offering my services if needed for any future work, so will see what happens

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X