• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coding Off Days!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Dont have the confidence? What a strange thing to say.

So you thnk the majority of developers are either crap or think they're crap then?

From what I see, most developers like to do things their way (my way or the highway) most are very very passionate about what they think is the right way to do something, and will not accept any other opinion or critique of what they write. The cause may be lack of confidence that someone else may offer a better way of resolving a problem, or can be pure stubbornness. It takes a very secure person to accept other's comments on one's work.

Comment

I think SA went 'code blind' - it happens alot i think - to me it happens me with date inputs, functions and formats especially with servers in asia for some reason.

It really teaches you patience when this happens.

>> code monkeys ?? - I was a PM gave it up as I was sick of other PM's proclaiming they were the saviour of everything on every project - ego maniacs. And they can be f***ed by developers at any given point which I guess fuels their paranoia.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        He was too optimistic... in reality it's 99.9%...
        Are you peer reviewing his post?
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Comment on my code and loose a body part. Your choice which.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
            My last gig, a jumped up little user asked me to send her my code!! I did my nut.

She goes to me "well it cant be that difficult to understand"!!!

She's lucky she got out alive
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

My last gig, a jumped up little user asked me to send her my code!! I did my nut.

She goes to me "well it cant be that difficult to understand"!!!

She's lucky she got out alive

well PL/SQL is not real code anyway (like to think of it as Pseudo code), and it is easy to read by most

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
                Your code has to:

1. Meet stringent coding guidelines covering best practices, naming, etc.
                2. Be well commented, structured, etc
                3. Avoid common mistakes for issues such as memory management, threading and deadlocks, inefficient algorithms, deprecated API calls, etc

How do we know any of this is acceptable to a build without it being reviewed?

You guys are straight out of the nut house I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                  well PL/SQL is not real code anyway (like to think of it as Pseudo code), and it is easy to read by most
                  Right - I'm just going to follow you round the board slapping you now
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Once place there was a chap who, if he need to fix a bug in your code, would not only fix the bug but would change the comment sytle thoughout all the associated files.

I thought this was just a malicous rumour until it happen to me.

I did my nut!

Not sure if this should have taught me not to write faulty code or never to work shifts on a software project.

Comment

Right - I'm just going to follow you round the board slapping you now
                      Sure you both would enjoy some mutual spanking.
                      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                      X