• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coding Off Days!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Or do you just hack code and hope it is correct?
    Er, yeah...
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Generally, yes...
      Yes ZG, you may be...

However, at your age you can nod sagely and say...

"You young whippersnappers don't know you're born... In my day....etc."

or alternatively...

"What do you expect from a lizard...?"

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Its a bit of a waste of time, but I dont mind it.
        It is not a waste of time.

Yesterday if you'd grabbed one of your peers and said...

"Can you please cast your eye over this? I'm having a problem with it but just can't find the issue."

The chances are that while you were explaining how the module should work you'd have found the problem yourself...

Churchill - In "Steven Hawking" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

"Can you please cast your eye over this? I'm having a problem with it but just can't find the issue."

The chances are that while you were explaining how the module should work you'd have found the problem yourself...

I somehow doubt it. The calibre of civil service "peers" I have to work with here would have meant 2 hours explaining to them what the code meant first.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            What do they call System Acceptance Testing (SAT) now then? Just testing?

What do they call User Acceptance Testing (UAT) now then? Just testing?
            What do they call Regression Testing now then? Just testing?

I don't know. I bet Bob Shawadiwadi does proper testing.

In business terms

What do they call System Acceptance Testing (SAT) now then?
            Commission Testing

What do they call User Acceptance Testing (UAT) now then? UAT no change

What do they call Regression Testing now then?

This one is really funny, a PM once asked us to make the test strategy business friendly - I am not a tester never have never will - the testers were so offended to be told their test strategy had business unfriendly terms, hence as the BA I got lumbered with rewriting the strategy to replace all business unfriendly terms (this includes regression testing) it took me for ever to come up with: Selective Retesting

btw: Code Monkeys !!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              I somehow doubt it. The calibre of civil service "peers" I have to work with here would have meant 2 hours explaining to them what the code meant first.
              Civil Service? York? You're not working at "the Vetting Office" are you?

Comment

Civil Service? York? You're not working at "the Vetting Office" are you?

DEFRA - SA already said many times that she's working for DEFRA

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                  DEFRA - SA already said many times that she's working for DEFRA
                  This is why I have so many posts - if you took out duplicates I'd only have about 50, honest!!!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

As a colleague once said about this behaviour, "Buy yourself a teddy bear to talk to and don't waste my time".

By the way, it's not an "issue", it's a "mistake" or "error".

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
                      As a colleague once said about this behaviour, "Buy yourself a teddy bear to talk to and don't waste my time".

By the way, it's not an "issue", it's a "mistake" or "error".
                      Sounds like an enlightened approach.

That bastard would've been first out of the door when I took over the project. Closely followed by yourself.

Communication and teamwork is the way forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X