• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Digital Camera

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to get the D80 look at this: http://www.jessops.com/Store/s36211/...index=1&comp=y

If you are getting a Sigma lens looks for the APO version it has better glass than the DG versions. Alround a better lens and not much more $$$

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      gotya....so basicly as I don't have any of my old SLR lenses any more, any camera I buy I'll have to live with that mount. So if the Nikkon is a better camera and I understand I have to stick with this type of mount there should not be a problem.
      Yes, it only a problem if you want to change later from say Nikon to Canon but all the ranges have enough of a Pro camera element so if you get really good there is always something for you to move up to so its not really an issue.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a small compact camera (the ones that are so small that you can fit into a pocket)?

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim
          Can anyone recommend a small compact camera (the ones that are so small that you can fit into a pocket)?
          My casio exilim is great - so's my mate's Canon Ixus, slightly bigger though.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim
            Olympus are good.

Ixus cameras have a lot of features.

Comment

n5gooner - so have you decided on /bought a camera ?

After doing a bit of research I decided to buy myself a sony DSC-R1 as a carry around holiday camera.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme
                n5gooner - so have you decided on /bought a camera ?

After doing a bit of research I decided to buy myself a sony DSC-R1 as a carry around holiday camera.
                Hi yes I've decided on the nikon D80 with: -
                18-135mm lense
                sigma 70-300mm lense
                replacement battery
                lense filter
                5x 1Gb SD memory card (the 133 ones)

Just got to find hte best place to buy it, so far the best price is Jesups for the Camera and lense's.

I'm going to a local shop tonight to see what they have and the price, also to get a feel of the camera.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack
                  My casio exilim is great - so's my mate's Canon Ixus, slightly bigger though.
                  I've got the Casio and my wife has got the Ixus, TBH i think the canon is easier to take better photos with, the images somehow just look a bit warmer and nicer.

Not a good comparison i know
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Good luck with the new buy when you eventually get it. Lots of good resources in the internet for tips etc ! You do need to work a bit to get the best out of a Dslr

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme
                      Good luck with the new buy when you eventually get it. Lots of good resources in the internet for tips etc ! You do need to work a bit to get the best out of a Dslr
                      thanks, I was considering going to a night class to learn some more.....don't know how much I'd benefit from it.
                      SA says;
                      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X