• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: new Covid wave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: new Covid wave

You know the drill...

Don't worry the government will stop counting cases on 31 March as Morph said there is nothing to worry about.

Odd the daily figures have been rising.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Going to be interesting what Scotland decides. At least this comes at a good time of year with spring round the corner.

I think 4th vaccine doses are already coming through as well. Deaths remain low for the number of cases but overall quite high - remember between waves when we got daily deaths down to just about single figures. Seems like barring a new nastier variant we just push on.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Seems like barring a new nastier variant we just push on.
        Problem is if we get one in autumn/winter as we don't have proper statistics to see that cases are rising, symptoms are changing and deaths are rising then we won't be able to act. The government is closing down all Covid surveillance studies.

Comment

Other people study things than the government, even if that were true rather than an embellishment.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Other people study things than the government, even if that were true rather than an embellishment.
            The government funds the surveillance studies and they have withdrawn funding from all of them -
            https://www.openaccessgovernment.org...-study/131526/
            https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-surveillance
            https://inews.co.uk/news/zoe-covid-s...logist-1509555

I actually take part in one specifically for Covid and one not, and both have said the Covid surveillance isn't going to continue.

Comment

What's going on now in Hong Kong is horrific and would surely be making the headlines in other circumstances. It looks as if those who suggested most of Omicron's "mildness" might be due to high rates of vaxx and pre-existing infection were correct, as HK scores low in both and has hit daily death rates not seen anywhere else so far in this pandemic, by any other variant.

Link: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/cov...KYVI5TJZKMQNU/

Comment

The government should go back to full and total house arrest of every single person in the UK until the cases are zero. This is the only way to be sure. If it takes 50 years, so be it, you cannot be too careful I say.
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                  The government should go back to full and total house arrest of every single person in the UK until the cases are zero. This is the only way to be sure. If it takes 50 years, so be it, you cannot be too careful I say.
                  Don't be silly.

They just need to continue monitoring the situation like they do with some other viruses.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    What the situations in Hong Kong and NZ actually show is that vaccines work brilliantly, albeit some better than others. NZ has a similar wave with very few serious cases, and almost no prior natural infections, all down to high vaxx rate with more effective vaccines.

Comment

Working...
                    X