• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to contracting, question about client contract and tax / Ni indemnity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to contracting, question about client contract and tax / Ni indemnity

Hi, I am about to start contracting and have been given a services contract that contains the wording below. I am a little unsure on this - I am outside IR35 and feel I should be making sure I am paying the correct tax / NI and the company should be responsible for ensuring they have their house in order. Am I overthinking this? Is this a standard clause? I have asked what claims I should worry about and have not really received an answer. Any help appreciated

"The Client and the Contractor declare and confirm that it is the intention of the parties that the Contractor shall have the status of a self-employed person and shall be responsible for all income tax liabilities and national insurance or similar contributions in respect of their fees and accordingly the Contractor hereby agrees to indemnify the Client in respect of any claims that may be made by the relevant authorities against the Client in respect of income tax and national insurance or similar contributions relating to the Contractor's services under this contract. "

Post moved here:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...indemnity.html
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
    X