• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No sweat!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sweat!

Duke of York reaches out of Court settlement.

Must have felt like sweating for a few weeks...

BBC News - Prince Andrew settles US civil sex assault case https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60393843
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

So basically he just legally paid for underage sex (allegedly). I'm sure a lot of people will be very peed off this hasn't gone to trial, right?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      So basically he just legally paid for underage sex (allegedly). I'm sure a lot of people will be very peed off this hasn't gone to trial, right?
      Was she under age? she was according to court documents 17 in the UK (min legal age 16) and NY (min legal age 17 or above) so technically not underage in either location. I doubt Epstein's private island had a minimum sexual age. The mention of 18 seems to be lawyer grandstanding.

https://www.newyorksexcrimeslawyer24...20state%20will.

What he was accused of was assaulting her and having sex with her when he knew she did not consent.

Even the Sun got it right.

Not trying to lessen his possible behaviour just get it factually correct.

Even if he had reasonable grounds to think she consented, there is no way he could win if he had sex with someone the age of his daughter who later claims she was forced when associated with Epstein.

He has denied having sex with her, it may be he didn't , but again Epstein.

He has paid to avoid a nasty court case that he probably would lose even if he never committed a crime.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What a nice man he is.
        Paying "millions" to somebody he has never met for something he never did.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
          What a nice man he is.
          Paying "millions" to somebody he has never met for something he never did.
          Even better he's 9th in line to the British throne.

Oh the Grand Old Duke of No....

Comment

What a nice man he is. Paying "millions" to somebody he has never met for something he never did.
            This is the best decision he has ever made.

I was rooting for Virginia Giuffre but she is just such a disappointment, to get that far through hell only to settle?

With this sort of general attitude it's no wonder Epstein got away with it for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

This is the best decision he has ever made.

I was rooting for Virginia Giuffre but she is just such a disappointment, to get that far through hell only to settle?

With this sort of general attitude it's no wonder Epstein got away with it for so long.
              Was it for the money ? or is her justice "outing" Andrew with no "conviction" ? Or understandably it is so mentally exhausting she wants it done with?

She was clearly a victim so good luck to her but is sort of a shame it wasn't proved/disproved.

Comment

Or understandably it is so mentally exhausting she wants it done with?
                I took her what, 15+ years to get to trial and now she could not hack it despite winning key victories? It wasn't a criminal trial, so she did not even have to prove anything beyond reasonable doubt, and now she folded, for money.

It's obviously her decision to make whether to settle, but what she did looks like a betrayl of victims for money, even if they went to her charity (or whatever else in parts of the agreement that remained secret).

Even if she had lost the trial she would have made good money for charity, if that was the objective.
                Last edited by AtW; 15 February 2022, 19:28.

Comment

I guess we'll only know the truth if or when "If I Did It 2" book gets released...

Comment

Was it for the money ? or is her justice "outing" Andrew with no "conviction" ? Or understandably it is so mentally exhausting she wants it done with?
                    Her justice was outing Prince Andrew.

His name is now tulip and he's lost everything at the age of 61.

If it had gone to trial he would have dragged the British monarchy's name down with him, so it was in their interests he had to settle. I suspect the Queen paid the settlement money.

Comment

Working...
                    X