• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another badly thought out law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is being sold to the Hoi Paloi as 'Children come across it during normal browsing'. If the parents are educated in how to lock down their installation no casual browsing is unlikely to come across it.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      This is being sold to the Hoi Paloi as 'Children come across it during normal browsing'. If the parents are educated in how to lock down their installation no casual browsing is unlikely to come across it.
      I refer you to my previous post. Parents are also not IT savvy

Remember that most kids do most of their browsing on their mobile phone, which doesn't need to use the home WiFi. I'm not sure what the default protection settings are on mobile internet though? Although the amount of smut that can show up on routine searches even on a protected PC... image search can be quite shocking on seemingly innocuous terms!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
        'Most' routers now come with parental controls enabled out-of-the-box. I say 'most' because I can only vouch for Sky, Vodafone and BT (the last 3 I have had at home), but I'd be surprised if the other big players don't also do this. You have to change the settings to enable adult content, and if you've done it so you can view the naughty pages, don't be surprised when your kids decide to have a little look behind the curtain.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
        X