• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lock Him Up!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock Him Up!

Wasting public money -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60246882

Piers Corbyn has appeared in court accused of calling NHS staff murderers outside a London vaccination clinic.
    The 74-year-old brother of ex-Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn is charged with causing a nuisance or disturbance on NHS premises without reasonable excuse.

He and David Burridge, 44, facing the same charge, were held after a protest at Guy's Hospital on 18 January.

Both pleaded not guilty at Westminster Magistrates' Court and were bailed ahead of a one-day trial set for 6 May.

Prosecutor Luke Staton told the court: "The defendants were somewhat abusive towards members of staff, calling them murderers."

Mr Corbyn interrupted Mr Staton, calling the allegation "a lie", and adding: "We said nothing. Open lies in open court is unacceptable."

The pair will claim they had a reasonable excuse and want three police officers and two NHS workers called to give evidence at the trial, the court heard.

District Judge Daniel Sternberg granted Mr Corbyn and Mr Burridge bail.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

You up early...

Comment

Hmm. Both up at about 5.30. Both posting DOOM. Are you two a couple?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Hmm. Both up at about 5.30. Both posting DOOM. Are you two a couple?
        Or the same person...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You up early...
          No posting from bed before I get up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Or the same person...
            I don't speak Russian..

Comment