• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Profile on client website - yes/no?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
    Thanks all, you've confirmed what I was thinking and I've asked them not to put my details on their website
    I'd also have a dig around in to your IR35 status and either make sure you've all the insurances and checks possible.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yeah, it isn't always easy to be outside IR35 with very small clients. Many of them started with one person and they have a tendency to expect personal service from employees and contractors alike and can see them as much the same. Personally, I can't be bothered with UK clients at all anymore, Chapter 8 or otherwise.

Comment

Also I know that sometimes clients will not update their website, they like to make their team look big or go under, and the website is dormant - so if you tell HMRC you did a 6 month gig and they say well you were part of "meet the team" on their website for 2 years..... sure you can disprove it but there is no value to you and just creates an unnecessary red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
          My current client (outside IR35 contract) has asked if I'd be willing to have my profile shown on their external website along with all other staff - it's a very small company. They've made it clear that they'd identify me as a Consultant but have also asked if I'd be willing for my photo and/or a link to my LinkedIn profile to be included.

I'm completely at liberty to say no but I wondered what people thought of it? Is this a no-no in the modern IR35 landscape (sign of part & parcel etc)?
          Your alarm bells should've started ringing at this "on their external website along with all other staff". #JustSaying.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
          X