• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had private allergy testing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By any chance, do you remember or logged somewhere on what you ate? Anything out of ordinary?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Go for the ISAC test from Nuffield
      https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/tests...llergy-testing

(I'm sure other places do it, maybe contact your private health provider to see who they recommend. I'd not necessarily trust companies found on the internet when it comes to my health.)
      Thanks. It actually looks quite similar in scope and price to Google results but yes while allergies are clearly real there has a been a huge rise in companies trying to profit from it, so finding a legitimate company is important.

So far I can find no link - none were immediately after eating. My closest suspicion is it might be linked to heat as I enjoy a nice hot bath at night and all cases have been fairly late in the evening. But as with "exercise induced allergy" it seems a bit flimsy - they are real but rare.
      Unexplained reactions are quite common as others have pointed out but I have never had even a slight reaction to anything my entire life until the last year.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Thanks. It actually looks quite similar in scope and price to Google results but yes while allergies are clearly real there has a been a huge rise in companies trying to profit from it, so finding a legitimate company is important.

So far I can find no link - none were immediately after eating. My closest suspicion is it might be linked to heat as I enjoy a nice hot bath at night and all cases have been fairly late in the evening. But as with "exercise induced allergy" it seems a bit flimsy - they are real but rare.
        Unexplained reactions are quite common as others have pointed out but I have never had even a slight reaction to anything my entire life until the last year.
        Have you had any changes in washing chemicals? (Hand soap, bubble bath, dishwasher, washing machine, fabric softener, etc) Or changes in what you're drinking?

A few years ago I developed a rash on my arms due to The WifeTM using a different fabric conditioner. More recently I get a sense of my throat constricting and rash on my neck from certain sparkling wines.

Hot bath will cause vasodilation in the extremities, which could then have a knock-on effect on vital organs.

...could also be that you're getting old.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          They can take blood samples at NHS hospitals and then send to the private company.
          My wife got the result of such a test last week after 18 months waiting

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Have you had any changes in washing chemicals? (Hand soap, bubble bath, dishwasher, washing machine, fabric softener, etc) Or changes in what you're drinking?

A few years ago I developed a rash on my arms due to The WifeTM using a different fabric conditioner. More recently I get a sense of my throat constricting and rash on my neck from certain sparkling wines.

Hot bath will cause vasodilation in the extremities, which could then have a knock-on effect on vital organs.

...could also be that you're getting old.
            Not that I know of - and it seems like these things would bring daily contact. Unless it's one where every now and then it's just enough, or two factors combine (new chemical + hot bath adding stress). And one definitely can develop allergies over time of course. Now it's been more than an isolated incident or two, maybe I will start a log though it's never been obviously linked to food/drink. And it's not that one where you get a delayed reaction from eating steak either (which I think was on House) Perhaps a log will show some correlation in hindsight. If I went back to calorie logging it would tell me all the things I ate/drank "for free".
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X