• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well, that's it, goodbye UK....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what you mean....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Congrats mcq, great place Amsterdamage whatever your tastes

Comment

I live some of the year in Veenendaal in the Netherlands, keep some of my car collection there. We ought to meet up for a beer sometime.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          But, Im a professional (don't laugh), and won't be taking the mickey...
          but I am finding that I'm actually saying things that previously I'd only thought.

"that's because you've got too many planners and not enough implementers"

"it's time that people started putting their signature's where their mouths are"

they can't fire me for stating the bleedin' obvious
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
            but I am finding that I'm actually saying things that previously I'd only thought.

"that's because you've got too many planners and not enough implementers"

"it's time that people started putting their signature's where their mouths are"

they can't fire me for stating the bleedin' obvious
            What about "You've only got this job 'cause your mum owns the company."?
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Respect where respect is due

Mcquiggd munched through a plate of pig's intestines at a somewhat dodgy Chinese restaurant in the Amsterdam red-light district followed by several rather strong Belgian & Cloggy beers without even *looking* like barfing.

Rumour has it that he then proceeded to yet another bar or three before turning for a light sleep prior to his return to the kingdom of Blair.

Definitely a major loss to contractordom if you ask me...

Padinka
              I'm not so think as you drunk I am...

Comment

The 'pigs intestines in white wine sauce' were surprisingly tasty, although the spinal cord was a bit chewy... and thanks for your girlfriend announcing what each unrecognisable lump was before I ate it

Also cheers for the guided tour of the beers - I became quite adept at holding those funny glasses like I was sipping a fine wine, and ended up the next day in a small 'brown cafe' that has a range of 200+, managing to sample enough of them that my Strippenkaart was looking distinctly blurry...

I still can't remember what the Dutch for 'dirty old man' was though Padinka... care to refresh my memory...?
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  I live some of the year in Veenendaal in the Netherlands, keep some of my car collection there. We ought to meet up for a beer sometime.

Ah, Padinka and I did wonder if there were more CUKers that hung out in that part of the world... perhaps once I am established 'over there' we can flush some of them out into the open, and maybe share a few Blondes...
                  Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    Did you see what he did there? Masterful, truly masterful. As you would expect from the old pro that he is.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by jenever
                      Congrats mcq, great place Amsterdamage whatever your tastes
                      Bottoms up, Jenever - something I did not get to try (the gin type thing I hasten to add)... seems like there's a few of you just over the border... perhaps a coach trip style CUK Mystery Tour to Bruxelles is in order at some point...
                      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                      X