• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: Scotland cancels Hogmanay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: Scotland cancels Hogmanay

Happy Bloody New Year! NOT!!!

(Some how I have a feeling this is what England was going to get but Johnson was talked out of it.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-59745262

Edinburgh's Hogmanay street party has been cancelled and football matches will be effectively spectator-free as part of tough new Covid rules in Scotland.

All outdoor events will be limited to just 500 people to help slow the spread of Omicron.

Indoor events such as concerts will be limited to 200 people if they are seated, or 100 for standing.

The new restrictions come into force on Boxing Day.

They will be in place for at least three weeks - although there will be no limit to how many people can meet up at Christmas.

The Old Firm derby between Celtic and Rangers on 2 January will be among the football fixtures that will be affected by the new rules.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Oh so this line of "I'm not going to mess with Christmas, cos I want to give people certainty" literally ends at 11:59:59 on Christmas Day

As long as HWMBO can escape down south on the 28th, that's all I care about.

Comment

Miss V1 has just arrived.

Miss V2 we are driving up north to collect Xmas eve (her self isolation finishes then). Assuming of course Bozo doesn't go full 28 days later lockdown.

Mrs V and I will be fully boosted by the 24th,

Then we are battening down the hatches.

Many hospitality businesses will probably close in the new year.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Boris is just such a nice chap, he hates telling them bad news, especially if the chaps are from the 1922 Committee

Obviously this will a lot of people, but nobody he personally cares about.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Miss V1 has just arrived.

Miss V2 we are driving up north to collect Xmas eve (her self isolation finishes then). Assuming of course Bozo doesn't go full 28 days later lockdown.

Mrs V and I will be fully boosted by the 24th, ..
          Once Miss V2 is fully boosted, I wouldn't hang around. They have been known to blow up on the launchpad!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Nobody I know has ever went to this.

Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP underlings probably won't set foot in Edinburgh Castle anyway unless they are forced to.

Chances of pissing off a moderate SNP voter? 0.

Comment

Working...
            X