• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: "Omicron Covid cases ‘doubling every two to three days’ in UK"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    This is why you should carefully choose were you go out to.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/17/pub-w...toms-15784992/

A woman says she was fired from her job at a pub after she refused to come into work with symptoms of Covid-19.

Rachael Baylis, whose positive PCR test result came back a day later, had been doing shifts on the bar at the Walrus in Brighton for three months.

She developed a cough and a fever on Tuesday, and asked to leave her shift early.

But instead of being told that this was okay, she says she was told she needed to find cover.
    low grade employee screwed by scumbag employer shock.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    This is why you should carefully choose were you go out to.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/12/17/pub-w...toms-15784992/

A woman says she was fired from her job at a pub after she refused to come into work with symptoms of Covid-19.

Rachael Baylis, whose positive PCR test result came back a day later, had been doing shifts on the bar at the Walrus in Brighton for three months.

She developed a cough and a fever on Tuesday, and asked to leave her shift early.

But instead of being told that this was okay, she says she was told she needed to find cover.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Don't tell me you hate classic Italian meals?
    It depends on the company....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    So I've tested negative, but Mr ms positive.

Have booked a second test to be sure as he saw our daughter two days before me (I was off gallivanting in that there London)

He's now shut himself in the spare room and is expecting to be waited on. Seems little point as we've been mixing all week - either I've got it or I ain't getting it.

Either way, the booster seems effective in our house - he's had just a mild headache, and it appears to have made me invincible.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Oh him....
    Don't tell me you hate classic Italian meals?
    Last edited by AtW; 16 December 2021, 23:52.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Yep, I think it was before your time on here but we even had a Tornado pilot...
    Oh him....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Gosh there is a talent brunch on CUK.
    Yep, I think it was before your time on here but we even had a Tornado pilot...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    I've been volunteering at a vaccine centre and haven't tested positive yet. Granted, only one shift since Omicron but I'm due back on Saturday.
    Gosh there is a talent brunch on CUK.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    I've been volunteering at a vaccine centre and haven't tested positive yet. Granted, only one shift since Omicron but I'm due back on Saturday.
    Get yourself a 4th shot when nobody is looking...

Leave a comment:

• hairymouse
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Am I the only one who worries that with O basically presenting as a cold, the vaccination centre is about the worst place to be for Covid risk? So many people must be getting boosted who actually have it, at least in areas with big-O.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X