• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

back problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kramer
    anyone know a decent accupuncture place i can go to in richmond during my lunch then?
    Do you work in Richmond?

there's a place in Kew - http://www.kewphysiotherapy.co.uk/
    Call the cops

Comment

The fact that you actually went to see the Doctor is a good start. People who actually walk into the surgery don't usually have a serious problem.

Give it a couple of weeks, and if it's really painful lie flat for a while.

The pain killers should help. You probably do need them

..... ouch
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Bit late to this thread but...
        Sciatica is actually made far worse by the stress on the nuscles causing them to tighthen.. which puts pressure on the Sciatic nerve.. which gives out pain signals.. which means the muscles tighten up.. which puts pressure on sciatic nerve.. which puts out pain signals... which means the nerves tighten up etc etc etc.... its just a spiral of pain. Until eventually you have lower back muscles (i.e your ass) which are completely bunched and causing immense pressure on the nerve.
        The key is to take some ibuprofen to help relax the muscles.. which relieves the pressure on the nerve. The other thing you need ot do is massage the tightness out of the muscles... not easy to massge that area yourself.. so a trick my old rugby physio taught me was to use a tennis ball. You stand against a wall.. put the ball betweem the wall and your ass.. and then press up against the wall and move around kneading the tight and bunched muscles.. you will know where ot do it, as you can feel the ball really helping. Thsi combined with back stretches and ibuprofen, whill at leats help greatly until it either goes away after about a week, or you get professional help.

Comment

Working...
        X