• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weightwatchers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think any kind of restriction or guilt about pleasure should be tolerated.

Eat whatever you want.

Eat at a quarter of the pace, you normally eat.

Concentrate fully on what you eat, take in the aroma, the look and how much you are eating.

Don't eat while watching telly, reading or typing.

Chew everything really well.

Be relaxed, enjoy every mouthful.

Have a glass of wine with your meal when you can.

Wait twenty minutes before eating more.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      It doesn't just stink when you're cooking it... the farts it produces are remarkable.
      A clever human defence against the Giant Alien Lizard invasion.

Comment

Slimming world has been very successful for me

Slimming world has been very successful for me.

I always used to lose weight by exercise - but I had a bad back. So I put on weight - which made back worse...

Slimming world broke the cycle - I lost enough weight to start excercising. And the weight gain was not root cause of bad back - root problem was bottom 2 discs are completely knackered - by too much excercise(of wrong type).

On Slimming world you are encouraged to eat as much as you can of certain foods. gr8 for peopole lkike me who are ravenous!

Comment

Weightwatchers et al are business that are funded by failure!
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Weight-watchers points system help me lose nearly 3 stone, though I'm sure using a non-proprietary measure (e.g. calories?) would have worked as well if not better.

"The guy with the bowtie" quotes excellent advice, but my feeling is that you do also actually have to do calorie-counting for a few months just to educate yourself about what you can and can't eat, lose bad habits and gain good one's. For example, I know I should never allow food in the house that can be eaten without being cooked. Fruit is OK, but if bread is around I'll eat to much of it.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
              Weight-watchers points system help me lose nearly 3 stone, though I'm sure using a non-proprietary measure (e.g. calories?) would have worked as well if not better.

"The guy with the bowtie" quotes excellent advice, but my feeling is that you do also actually have to do calorie-counting for a few months just to educate yourself about what you can and can't eat, lose bad habits and gain good one's. For example, I know I should never allow food in the house that can be eaten without being cooked. Fruit is OK, but if bread is around I'll eat to much of it.
              do you all "feel better in yourself?"

Comment

Just be fat and happy man
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

The other thing about weightwatchers and dieting in general is the

"well, I've been very good all week eating celery so I'll treat myself to a large family bucket of Kentucky fried lips 'n' arseholes..."

syndrome. As you diet (without exercising - and no, touching your toes or walking to the fridge doesn't count) your metabolism slows making it more difficult to lose weight at the same initial rate. Wolfing down a big meal at the end of the week puts on considerable more weight than if you had been eating sensibly and consistently.

Also why those people who go on the Atkins diet of reverse ketosis lose weight quickly and then end up twice as fat when they come off it and start downing the family buckets again.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Just eat less
                    its that simple

Comment

You're all a bunch of fat feckers by the sounds of it!

What happened to all the skinny computer nerds?

Who has time to eat when there is coding to be done?!!?

Comment

Working...
                      X