• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So this afternoon...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a case of unlawful detention?

Why are suspected true positives and potential false positive treated the same? Would someone called Mr Scot McScooter more likely be someone who someone who says ‘see you Jimmy’ or ‘chill mon”?
    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Depends whether he's from Pollockshields or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
        Depends whether he's from Pollockshields or not.
        wow - I'm impressed
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

As far as they know you could a been putting on the accent, Scoot. Just as I can do an Indian accent, learnt from hours on the phone listening to feckers called Robert, Steven and Simon sorting out my bank problems.

In fact, you could be putting one on in front of us!

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
            As far as they know you could a been putting on the accent, Scoot. Just as I can do an Indian accent, learnt from hours on the phone listening to feckers called Robert, Steven and Simon sorting out my bank problems.

In fact, you could be putting one on in front of us!

sp you pay back that 50p i leant yah yet?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The fact Scotland is full of immigrants and England is full of Scots I'm not really that surprised.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                But the point is they didn't know you were a UK citizen. They had reason to believe you'd nicked a passport belonging to one. They were only doing their job of trying to protect the rest of us from the likes of you.
                I have never met a polite Immigration Officer - the worst ones are at Birmingham airport.

I mean it wouldn't kill the buggers to smile and say hello would it? I've found that being friendly and polite in the face of their rudeness makes them very uncomfortable so that's what I do now.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy
                  I have never met a polite Immigration Officer - the worst ones are at Birmingham airport.
                  They are the same the world over.

You should have seen the grief some Cubans got at Miami one day. He went right into a paddy, each one of them were carted off for seperate interviews.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                  X