• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

She has spoken!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She has spoken!

Must be old age or she is really pissed off.

https://news.sky.com/story/cop26-que...imate-12434054

The Queen has said she is irritated by the lack of progress on climate issues ahead of the COP26 climate change summit in Glasgow.

The 95-year-old monarch was speaking after opening the Senedd in Cardiff as she criticised those who "talk but don't do".

Her comments were part of a conversation with the Duchess of Cornwall and Elin Jones, the parliament's presiding officer.

Parts of the tapes are inaudible but the Queen is reported to have said in the first clip: "I've been hearing all about COP...I still don't know who's coming."

In a second clip, she appears to say it is "irritating" when "they talk, but they don't do".

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps told Sky News that "comments made in private should stay private".

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Good for her. It's a shame she can't freely express her opinion as I'd love to know what she thinks about a wide range of things.

Comment

Well it's worked.

The Australian PM has now confirmed he's coming.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

She is missing Phil! He would have been quite scathing!

I suspected she was green Charles is quite passionate.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X